Friday, March 13, 2009

My latest craft...











I live in Lititz, PA and the closest "big" city is Lancaster. The first Friday of every month some of the art shops and interior decorator shops extend their hours to 8 PM. You can walk around downtown Lancaster and go from shop to shop, look at art, and purchase items that will add to the decor of your home. It really is fun and just a good way to spend an evening out. Most shops have some type of refreshment - OMG - even wine!!!
One shop I like a lot has beautiful items that will add great style to a home. One such item caught my eye and as I picked it up I realized it was something I could make at home - so I did!
I went to my local craft store and purchased sheet moss and a green styrofoam ball. I then glued the sheet moss to the styrofoam ball and now I am the proud maker/owner of a "classy" decorative piece for my home and as the saying goes - for a fraction of the cost! I plan on making 2 or 3 more of various sizes and will post a picture of the completed pieces when I am done. For now, here is #1.

2 comments: